Are you easily frustrated? Find yourself blowing up over the small stuff more often than you’d like.
We asked Azat Oganesian, LCSW, to share some of his best tips for Anger Management that he suggests helping individuals self-regulate and calm down.
- Take a deep breath and exhale before you say anything you can’t take back.
- Try to put yourself in the shoes of the person angering you.
- Step away and put cold water on your face, and then return to continue the interaction.
- Ask yourself: “Am I effectively achieving my goals in this conversation?”
- Start your statements about what’s bothering you with “I feel…”
- Ask yourself: “What is the more vulnerable emotion behind my anger?”
- Don’t use generalizations about the other person.
- Think of the consequences of poor anger management to temper the intensity of the anger.
- Count down from 50 to 0 instead of acting out.
- Always remember: anger is a normal feeling. It’s all about how we express it.
Get Started Today
We’re pleased you are here, and we’re committed to finding the right person to help you with your mental health.
Step 1: Connect
Finding the right person to help can seem challenging, which is why we offer multiple ways to connect with us. You can schedule a complimentary 20-minute consultation with our highly trained Clinical Coordinator, Alli Malamut, by either:
- Calling or texting us at: 212-286-8801
- Email us at: email@example.com
- By completing the form to the left.
If you do not reach us directly, you can expect to hear back from us the same day or within one business day.
Step 2: Get Matched
In order to find you an ideal fitting clinician or therapist, our Clinical Coordinator will want to learn more about you. Specifically, it would be helpful to hear about your concerns, personal preferences, and any relevant logistical matters (for example, in-person or video sessions? best time or day to meet?) During this call, please feel free to ask us any questions as well!
Please feel free to share with us if you have already identified someone you would like to work with from Our Team page.
Step 3: Check the fit
Connect with the clinician or therapist you are matched with to ask questions, share history, and make sure you feel comfortable about moving forward. If so, book your first session. If it does not feel right, circle back with us.
Step 4: Get started
Schedule time to meet with your new clinician or therapist and work towards living a more fulfilling life!
Over the years, we’ve found our thoughtful matching process is the surest way to find you an ideal clinician or therapist and achieve the best outcome for you.
18 East 48th Street, Suites 1104 and 1202, NYC 10017